Updating Your Home and Property
Depending on how long you have had your home, it may be time to consider a new roof. Updating or replacing the roof on your home when it’s time will ensure you have a well-structured and well-protected property. One option that is showing up on more and more residential properties is actually metal. Metal roofing, which has usually been reserved for commercial properties, is becoming popular as a residential roofing choice for a number of reasons. To learn more about a standing seam metal roof for your Dallas and Fort Worth, TX property, contact Greenco Construction Services. We’re available at 469-858-2448.
Benefits of a Standing Seam Metal Roof
If you have been considering a metal roof or just wondering how does a standing seam metal roof work, we are here to help! Metal roofing has become increasingly popular for residential properties everywhere. It’s an innovative way to update your home while also providing multiple benefits.
- Easy Installation: If you have been wondering how is a standing seam metal roof installed, it’s much easier than you might think. This ease of installation makes it very popular for both homeowners and contractors.
- Low Maintenance: Metal roofing, in general, is very low maintenance. When it is installed correctly, maintenance will only need to happen when it’s ultimately necessary. You won’t have to worry about shingle peeling up or becoming damaged.
- Longevity: Metal will also last longer than most other roofing materials. Options such as aluminum or steel generally last upwards of 75-years or longer! And most manufacturing companies offer 50-year warranties for their product.
- Durable: This structure is very durable and able to withstand much more than the average roof. Metal can handle exposure to wind, rain, smoke, sun, and more. It won’t crack, break, bend, bubble, or rust thanks to the concealed fasteners.
- Appearance: For residential properties, a standing seam roof is simply beautiful. There is a clean and maintained appearance that can’t be matched by other materials. It will also add a significant amount of value to your property as well.
Many homeowners feel disappointed because these benefits aren’t always readily available after installation. In order to experience many of these advantages, you will need to have a roof for a few months at least. After that time, you’ll start to see the savings in many of your bills. You can even use the money saved from your roofing installation on things like furnace repair and more!
Standing Seam Metal Roof vs Asphalt Shingles
Many homeowners want to know if a metal roof is really better than a shingle roof. Initially, a standing seam metal roof costs more than an asphalt shingle one. Based on this comparison alone, many homeowners choose shingles because the initial costs seem too steep. However, many studies have shown that in today’s market, metal roofing and asphalt shingle roofing can cost about the same once everything is said and done. In fact, metal roofing may even cost you less because it can be installed over existing roofing materials. As we have already mentioned, there are a number of advantages to metal roofing. One of the biggest advantages is the easy maintenance that comes with a metal roof. Too often, homeowners spend way too much money every year on asphalt shingle repairs. That won’t be the case with a metal roof. If you have been considering a metal roof, contact Greenco Construction Services. We are the experts you can rely on for quality service and reliable information.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is a standing seam metal roof worth the cost?
- While metal roofing, in general, is more expensive than traditional shingles, this roofing system has proven time and time again to be worth it. Metal roofs are easy to install, easy to maintain, and easy to replace, all of which can save you quite a bit of money.
- What are the disadvantages of a metal roof?
- If metal roofing has been installed without insulation, there can be a number of disadvantages. Without that insulation, the roof can overheat making your home that much warmer. It can also be very noisy when rain or hail comes down.
- Do metal roofs add value to your home?
- Yes, they do! Metal roofing adds significant value to a residential property. You’ll experience a significant in your property values while you own the home and greater potential returns when you do decide to sell.
- What does a standing metal roof cost?
- A typical roof will cost between $800 and $1,250 per square (one square is about 100sqft). That breaks down between $8 and $12.50 per square foot of standing seam metal roofing.
- What is the best metal roofing system?
- For residential properties, by far the best metal roofing system is the standing seam metal roof. It is efficient, classic, and just looks great. This structure is easy to install and easy to maintain, making it a great pick.